Why ever not? I ask! Candy in cookies is one of life’s most precious pleasures. Why should Blizzards and Sonic Blasts get to have all the fun? Through lots of experimentation, I found that leaving the Butterfingers in semi-big chunks creates these addictive little crunch-pockets throughout. If you’re as obsessed with crunch as I am, you’ll love these! The semi-sweet chocolate chips are also a must to balance out the sweetness. These are great with ice cream on the side, or just a great treat to slip in your husband’s vehicle before he leaves for the day (or on his keyboard if he’s working from home!). My kids will not leave them alone!
You will need…
- 1 1/2 cups packed, light brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter (two sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus an extra sprinkle for the top of the blondies if you desire
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Butterfinger candy bars, chopped into large-ish chunks
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer. Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until combined
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, add to the sugar mixture and stir until a thick batter is formed
- Gently fold in the Butterfingers and the chocolate chips
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9 X13 baking dish and spread it out evenly to the edges of the pan, and smooth the top. Sprinkle sea salt over the top if desired.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the blondies are golden around the edges
Here’s a printable!