Crostini is my life. It’s my faaaaaavorite thing to make and to eat. I think this is special enough for a holiday, just beautiful for Easter or Christmas.
You will need:
- One 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz of smoked salmon, with one hunk reserved to garnish the tops of your crostini
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1-2 TBS chopped, fresh dill
- 1 TBS capers
- 1 tsp caper juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (sometimes I don’t add any because of the bit from the capers, but you do you!)
To serve…use any or all of these!
- 1 baguette, cut into slices, drizzled with olive oil and toasted in the oven
- Little slices of cocktail bread
- Entertainment crackers
Combine with the cream cheese with the capers and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Chop the salmon into medium chunks and gently stir into the cream cheese mixture. Add the chopped dill, salt, and pepper and stir until combined. Spread over crostini and garnish with a little hunk of salmon and a sprig of dill. Serve immediately.
OR!! Serve this as a dip with crunchy veggies and crackers, yummy!
The spread can be made up to a day in advance, just store covered in the fridge.