Shockingly easy! And who does not love chips and dip for a party! I broke out the Halloween cookie cutters, and toasted up some different colored tortillas in the oven to accompany this truly irresistible dip. It has a little spice from the enchilada sauce, but it’s mild enough for your miniature monsters. Liesl happened to love the leftovers drizzled over tacos. And, marvel of marvels, I discovered that this queso can be repurposed for taco toppings, nachos, over enchiladas, or inside a burrito…so many options!
You will need:
- 8 oz green enchilada sauce
- 12 oz white, processed queso cheese (such as Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed, plus a few more for garnish
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- diced purple onion (for garnish)
- tortilla chips for serving
Heat the enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the cheese in cubes (it melts much faster that way). When the cheese is all melted, stir in the lime juice, black beans, and onion salt.
Garnish with a little pile of extra black beans on top, some diced avocado and fresh cilantro leaves! Serve warm. Here’s a handy printable!